Fill out the form to get in touch
Read our Blog
Keep up-to-date with whats happening within the property market on Costa del Sol.Go
If you want to escape the winter blues this year, Spain is an excellent choice for fun and variety. The weather is cooler yet there is still plenty of sunshine, and generally the prices of everything are lower after the summer season. Many people are now opting for self-catering properties in Spain which is a great option as it keeps costs down and has the advantage of private space. This type of holiday also allows more room in the budget for fun days out! Whether you want a break away with the family or a romantic getaway with your partner, the Costa del Sol has plenty to offer. Here are a few ideas of things you can do in Andalucia this winter.
- Amazonia Adventure Park – Peter Andre recently took his family to this new adventure park in Marbella and had a great time with the kids. Amazonia has the longest zip line in Andalucia, and plenty of activities for everyone to join in. Price start from €16 euro for children and €20 for adults.
- Ice Skating Benalmadena – Great fun for the whole family to try, this ice rink also has a swimming pool, gym, and many health treatments so you could really make a day of it!
- Skiing and snowboarding at Sierra Nevada – Only 2 hours’ drive from Marbella, you will find the skiing resort of Sierra Nevada. They welcome people of all ages and levels, and equipment is available for rent if needed. There are not many places you can ski in the morning and sunbathe in the afternoon, so this is a great advantage to people who want variety.
- English cinema – If the rain happens to fall, there are some fun things to do inside aswell like see a movie! There are various cinemas in the Marbella area but only a few show English films. The popular new release ‘Tower Heist’ is now out in cinemas here and can be viewed at Cinema Gran Marbella until Thurs Nov 17th.
- Cooking classes – Learn some new skills while on holiday and impress your friends when you return by learning how to make Paella, Sushi, Tapas, Thai food and more! There are various cooking classes around the area, so there’s bound to be one you fancy attending!
- Other indoor activities – The Plaza Mayor Commercial and Leisure centre, close to Malaga airport offers a variety of activities all under one roof such as; lots of shopping, bowling, gym, heated pool, restaurants, bars, and the kids’ corner.
Flights to Malaga airport are generally cheaper this time of year however try to book as early as possible before the prices go up and availability goes down for Christmas flights.
If you would like to find your ideal holiday rental on the Costa del Sol, you can find our full list of available properties here.