Fill out the form to get in touch
Read our Blog
Keep up-to-date with whats happening within the property market on Costa del Sol.Go
It’s Christmas time and amongst all the mistletoe and wine, we’re also enjoying some great winter weather here on the Costa del Sol and it’s not too late to escape the dark, cold and crazy crowds of Christmas shoppers and disconnect from it all for a special Spanish Christmas.
If you’re now feeling inspired and want a last minute trip, there are loads of great holiday rental properties to choose for a Christmas getaway on the Costa del Sol. To help you choose the right one for a winter break, we’ve put together a few tips and things to look out for which will make sure you have the best time –
- Make sure you choose a location which is busy all year round or close to a vibrant town – During winter it can be very quiet on a holiday development or in a small residential area which has really been designed for summer time and you can feel a bit isolated. You’re better off choosing somewhere within one of the busier towns such as; Estepona, Marbella, Fuengirola, Benalmadena and Torremolinos which are busy and have lots to offer all year round.
- Select a property with heating or an open fire as Spanish homes can be chilly in the winter.
- Think about whether you want to hire a car or not – This will influence where you decide to stay, as if you don’t want to drive we’d suggest being on the train line from Malaga, or being in an urban area where you can walk around and there’s enough to keep you busy. For the maximum flexibility and to make the most of everything that’s going on we would definitely recommend hiring a car.
- Make sure your property has an oven – This sounds strange, but many Spanish homes don’t have an oven in the kitchen and if you want to cook a traditional Christmas dinner then this is obviously a big problem, so don’t leave it to chance, make sure that you ask.
- Prepare for all weathers – Christmas on the Costa del Sol is usually dry and warm, but of course it is the winter and so it can rain and it is chilly in the evenings. So pack clothes which are easy to layer, check whether the property has DVDs or board games and bring along your family favourite games so that if you do have a rainy day you can enjoy being in your holiday rental property. Even if it’s wet you can visit the amazing museums in Malaga, shop ‘til you drop at shopping centre La Cañada, go and see a movie (look for VO – which means it’s in the original language) or take the kids to one of the many indoor play centres. You know the sun will be out again soon!
We are Costa del Sol holiday rental experts, so please don’t hesitate to ask for our shortlist of the best properties for a Christmas getaway. Just send us your requirements and your dates or give us a call and we’ll find you a cozy, well located property where you can spend an amazing alternative Christmas in Spain.
Feliz Navidad and have a wonderful Christmas wherever you choose to spend it!