After a scorching hot summer, its only fair mother nature does her job and waters all the trees and plants with some fresh rain water. In fact, after a dry harvest this year, crop farmers are glad of every drop!
The fun doesn’t stop on the Costa del Sol just because of the odd rainy day! If you’re on holiday in Southern Spain during October/November you may experience some wet weather, but don’t worry there are still plenty of fun indoor things to do for the whole family.
~ Inside your holiday home ~
- Baking – You can find all ingredients for any kind of baking in the local supermarkets
- Board games – Most holiday rental homes will have some board games and cards for you to play
- Watching films – You can find DVD rental shops in most towns on the Costa del Sol, and many holiday rental homes will have a selection of DVDs to watch
- Pamper days – Make the most of your time inside with a self-pampering session! Face masks, nail painting and hair masks can make you feel great on a rainy day
- Arts and crafts – Make a nice momentum of your holiday and create a nice picture or collage with the kids to take home! You can find loads of bits and bobs to use in the local chinese bazaar shops.
~ Outside your holiday home ~
- Cinema – There are a few cinemas which play films in English on the Costa del Sol; Cines Gran Marbella in Puerto Banus, Fuengirola Cinesur Miramar and the Plaza Mayor Malaga
- Bowling – La Canada shopping centre has both amusement arcades and a bowling alley
- Kids indoor play centres – Let the kids burn off some energy while the adults relax!
- Ice skating – Club de Hielo in Benalmadena has plenty of activities to as well as a fantastic ice rink
- Flamenco, dance and magic shows – Check your Costa del Sol local papers and websites to keep updated of all the current shows and where they are
- Museums – Use the rain as a great excuse to see the Picasso museum in Malaga
For more ideas and information on activities for the family to do in the rain, check out the Marbella Family Fun website. If you’re looking for the perfect property for your holiday HolidayRentalontheWeb.com has a home to suit all budgets, so visit our website for more details or call 952 839 595