If you love taking photos and are looking for some real lens candy, then consider a visit to the Costa del Sol. The area has been popular with artists for many years, due to the wonderful quality of light and clear, sunny skies. From September to December the clarity is at its best and there are less tourists to get in the way, so now is a great time to come on holiday and get snapping.
There are Kodak moments everywhere you look on the Costa del Sol, but here are some of our favourite things to capture.
- La Concha – This imposing mountain sits behind Marbella and its shape and the deep grooves in the sides make for an amazing backdrop. At certain times of day, it really glows and there are many wonderful shots to be taken from the seafront promenade or from the Old Town, where you can compose shots to include charming church spires and white washed buildings with La Concha in the background.
- The Med – The long sandy beaches and sparkling sea is synonymous with the Costa del Sol and there are some beautiful images to be captured, from amazing sunsets over the water, to early morning calm, or even dolphins playing in the waves. Walk along the beach or seafront promenade, or take out a boat to look for dolphins and whales around the Straits of Gibraltar for a different perspective. On clear days, you can see the African coast and the Atlas Mountains and the rock of Gibraltar is a very striking sight – these all make for wonderful images that you will treasure.
- Casares – There are many white villages in the countryside close to the Costa del Sol, but Casares is the most picturesque, with white washed houses clustered around a steep hillside and a church perched on top. It feels like going back in time when you visit this quaint little village and the winding streets, chapels, squares and traditional way of life offer loads of options to take pictures. This is also a great area for bird watching and hiking, so you can get some wonderful nature photography there too.
- Malaga Cathedral – Malaga is a stunning city, with a charming old town, as well as a buzzing shopping area and great restaurant scene. The Cathedral is stunning and there are lots of great angles to shoot from, including rooftop bars and restaurants.
- A terrace with a view – There are many wonderful properties on the Costa del Sol which can be the perfect base for a holiday. Most of them have great terraces to soak up the sun and many have great views. Having your own panoramic terrace allows you to relax on a sun lounger, enjoy a long cool drink, or delicious meal with a stunning backdrop and watch the scenery change in different lights and times of day. A series of images from one point from sunrise to sunset can make for great time lapse photography.
Many guests and budding photographers have great views high up on their list of priorities when they choose their holiday rental property. This is why we have put together a collection of holiday rentals with great views, which include mountain, countryside, golf, sea or panoramic views. Please browse the properties on our website, or ask us for recommendations, so we can get you the property with the best photography potential.
Once you have these stunning shots, what are you going to do with them to make sure you don’t forget the memories? Social media is a given, but you don’t tend to look at them again after you’ve posted them. Digital photo frames are a great way to keep those memories alive, you can also make up lovely photo books online to remember a particularly special trip, or even make a photo montage which becomes removable wall paper and can be stuck onto any wall. Here are ten great ways to preserve your travel memories to make sure those great snaps are never lost!