After all the unpredictable weather in the UK, you may be starting to think ahead to your summer about some time away, but with most of us on a tight budget, a sunshine break away for the whole family can seem like a luxury we can’t really afford. Or can we?
The Costa del Sol has been a favourite holiday destination for years due to the excellent climate and choice of things to do for the whole family. Just a few hours from the UK by plane, it can take less time to get here than it does to drive to many places in the UK and thanks to budget airlines, you can be sunbathing in Spain for as little as €25!
All the time, the airlines that regularly fly between Spain and the UK, are trying to expand to have more seats and cheaper fares available for their customers. This means that there are even more reasons to holiday in Spain!
Now you just need to pick somewhere to stay! If you are on a budget this year, renting a holiday home in Spain for a week or two can work out a lot cheaper than staying a hotel, especially if you are traveling with family. For instance, a 3 bedroom apartment in Fuengirola, (based on 6 people sharing) can work out at less than €100 per person for a whole week’s accommodation! There are loads of stunning areas to choose from depending on what you want from your holiday. Whether you want to be near the beach, somewhere with land for the dog, or somewhere tranquil yet not too far from amenities, you can find it all on the Costa del Sol. Here are some of the more popular tourist areas;
- Marbella – One of the world’s most prestigious resort towns and a favourite with celebrities. There is plenty to see and do, from relaxing at the fabulous beach clubs on the Golden Mile, to wining and dining in the cobbled streets of the Old Town and enjoying the ‘buzz’ of open-air bars and shops in beautiful Orange Square
- Fuengirola – One of the top destinations on the Costa del Sol, largely due to its long beach promenade lined with bars and restaurants, busy night life and abundance of things to do. Amongst other things, Fuengirola has a water-park, a Zoo, a shopping centre and plenty of high street stores, cinemas, children’s play areas, a castle and fantastic port!
- Estepona –Traditional bars, restaurants and shops line the town’s quaint cobbled streets and avenues. Estepona is perfect for families with a smart seafront promenade featuring a large children’s play area. There are more than 20km of beaches, a bustling marina with bars, cafés and restaurants, and a regular street market.
- Benalmadena – Great place for kids and the whole family with its lovely sandy beaches, award-winning port full of luxury yachts, innovative architecture, lively nightlife, huge variety of restaurants, bars and clubs, plus the nearby Sea-Life aquarium, Selwo Marina, Tivoli World theme park, Butterfly park and a Mountain-top cable car!
- Elviria – For those seeking the highest quality, modern self-catering accommodation. Just ten minutes from Marbella, it’s a fine forested residential area featuring some of the best beaches and golf courses on the coast.
- San Pedro – Situated close to Puerto Banús and the Sierra de Ronda mountain range, San Pedro is great for water sports and relaxing walks in the mountains or along the promenade where you will find a variety of beach bars and restaurants. San Pedro is also close to some superb golf courses including Guadalmina, La Quinta and Atalaya Golf.
Visit our website to view our list of available properties in the above areas or call us on UK 020 8133 1609 or Spain 0034 952 83 95 95