We hope that you had a spooktacular Halloween! I don’t know about you, but as soon as Halloween has passed me by, I realise that we’re hurtling towards Christmas and there’s less than 2 months to go, so it’s time to start planning. So, where are you spending it this year?
If you’re not sure and you fancy doing something a bit different, what about renting a gorgeous villa on the Costa del Sol and having a big festive gathering under the Spanish sun? It’s a great option to combine a lovely holiday with a get together with family and friends. With off peak flights being very affordable, especially if you book early, it can be a really attractive option.
So why go to the Costa del Sol at Christmas I hear you ask? Here are 5 great reasons –
- The weather – While we can’t promise you’ll be spending Christmas on the beach, there’s normally bright sunny weather, perfect for a stroll, a drink or a spot of lunch al fresco, or a round of golf. But (and I think this is very important too) it gets chilly enough in the evening for you to feel like Christmas and be able to cuddle up with carols around an open fire.
- The Christmas Lights – Malaga is absolutely beautiful at Christmas and must be seen to be believed. Calle Larios is awesome for shopping and there are thousands of places to stop for a coffee or a sneaky glass of wine to rest weary feet, so you’re sure to get in the festive mood. Marbella Old Town is also beautiful at this time of year and the little squares, winding streets and traditional bars are so inviting under twinkling lights.
- The relaxed mood – Christmas in the UK feels so frenetic and over commercialised, but not so on the Costa del Sol, you feel the same laid back attitude in the shops and streets as always and can just enjoy the build-up and the festive season, without the stress
- The food – Whether you choose to eat out, or stay in and cook over Christmas you will be spoilt for choice with the amazing produce, typical Spanish goodies and plenty of English favourites available too. We recommend sampling the roasted chestnuts from the street vendors, the churros and hot chocolate and the ubiquitous turron (or nougat) for a taste of Spanish Christmas and checking out Supersol, Iceland and Morrisons in Gibraltar for the festive tastes of home.
- The spectacular villas – If you are a big group, then you can choose from some amazing luxury villas, which when split between 8-10 of you are really affordable. They will give you lovely bedrooms, spectacular kitchens and many have games and cinema rooms, heated pools and Jacuzzis, for a real taste of luxury this Christmas.
If we’ve whetted your appetite for Christmas on the Costa del Sol, check out our selection of Costa del Sol villas with pools and ask us what we’d recommend for a festive getaway. We can help you to make it magical!